Sync Fitness Recipe: Roasted Brussel Sprouts
This is one of those healthy foods that you’re missing out on! If the thought of Brussels Sprouts makes you queasy, then you’ve never had them prepared like this. Roasted with fresh garlic and light seasoning, these crunchy treats will tease your taste buds into thinking you’re eating potato chips. Servings: 2
Here’s what you need…
* 12 Brussels Sprouts
* 1 teaspoon Olive oil to drizzle
* Salt and pepper
* 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut the stem off the Brussels Sprouts and cut them in half lengthwise. Drizzle with olive oil, coat evenly. Season with salt and fresh ground pepper.
3. Place the Brussels Sprouts cut side down on a baking sheet. Roast for 10 minutes.
4. Remove the baking sheet from the oven, using tongs coat the Brussels Sprouts with the garlic. Place the baking sheet back in the oven for an additional 5 minutes.
5. Remove the baking sheet from the oven, the cut side of the Brussels Sprouts should be browned and crispy.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 72 calories, 2g fat, 10g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, and 4g protein.