Sync Fitness Recipe: Energy Muffins
This recipe comes from my June 1, 2009 newsletter. This recipe is great because there is no added sugar. You’ll get sweet nothings from your coconut oil and banana. Also, some of the fat is taken out by eliminating the egg yolks. Perfection!
Here’s what you need…
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup refined coconut oil
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup frozen blueberries, left to thaw in a strainer
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 18 standard-sized muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine banana, egg whites, water and oil. Add the flour and mix. Gently fold in blueberries. Immediately spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Remove muffins from tins and cool on a wire rack.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 98 calories, 4g fat, 13g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 3g protein.