Sync Fitness Recipe: Lentil Fruit Salad
This recipe come from my May 15, 2009 newsletter. The best thing about this recipe, besides the yumminess?? TONS OF PROTEIN AND FIBER!
Yield: 3 serving
Here’s what you need…
- 1 cup black lentils, cooked
- 1 medium mango, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 6 medium strawberries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the lentils in a medium bowl. Chop the fruit and onions, add to lentils.
- Add balsamic vinegar to the lentils and fruit, mix until well combined.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 148 calories, 1g fat, 27g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, and 9g protein.